Sell Diamonds in Kearny, NJ
Selling diamonds is one of those things that most people don’t do very frequently. Because of this, it can be somewhat stressful for people. In order to help calm down and enjoy the experience, it is a good idea to try to get an estimate of how much your diamonds are worth before even setting food in our shop. Once you have a ball park figure to work with, the whole process seems less stressful to most people. This is because you will know at little bit about what you can expect when you’re trying to sell diamonds in Kearny, NJ.
In order to get started in determining the value of your diamonds, you’ll need to know what types of diamonds you have. Knowing where they came from is very helpful, so if you bought them yourself, or you know who bought them for you, this might be a good place to start. Even if you don’t have many specifics, you can still gather what information you do have together so you’re more prepared.
Some Useful Things to Know
The following are some of the most important factors that go into determining the value of any diamond. If you want to sell diamonds in Kearny, NJ, you’ll want to try to find as much information about the following areas as you can. Of course, even if you have no information about the diamonds at all, you can bring them into our shop and we can do a free appraisal for you.
• Size – Knowing the size, typically in carrot weight, of the diamond is very important. If you have jewelry with multiple diamonds, knowing the size of each as well as the combined total is very helpful.
• Age – If you now when the diamond was originally purchased, it can be helpful in determining value.
• Quality – The quality of the diamonds you are looking to sell is also very important.
• Jewelry Description – if your diamond is a part of a larger piece of jewelry, like a necklace, ring or other item, than that will have a big impact on the price. Some pieces of jewelry, for example, are also made of gold or silver, which can significantly add to the value.
• Historical Value – If your diamond was once owned by someone famous, or was found in a historically significant way, it can impact the price.
• Damage – If the diamond is damaged in any way, that may reduce how much it is worth. Even damaged diamonds, however, can still be worth quite a bit, so bring it into our shop to find out.
Contact us for an Appraisal
While learning about the diamond yourself is a good idea, the best way to sell diamonds in Kearney, NJ is to bring them into our shop where we can do a full appraisal. We’ll look closely at every diamond, and let you know exactly what we can pay for it. You can come into our shop anytime, or you can call 646-755-3981 to make an appointment with one of our expert diamond appraisers.